E L E C T R O N I C P R E S S K I T
“Her thoughtful songwriting, combined with powerful vocals and ever-expanding mastery of the guitar, come together to make her performances compelling to audiences of all ages and backgrounds.” - Dean Driver of Doodad Farm music venue
"Begin Again" (Release Date: August 28, 2020)
S T O R Y
Singer/songwriter and instrumentalist Lyn Koonce mixes the sounds of alt-country and pop, with a hint of blues, to make music you’ll remember. With her guitar or piano as a backdrop, her voice is both powerful and comforting—and her award-winning songs follow suit.
For Lyn, a song is a conversation, and she writes lyrics that bring down your guard and lift up your spirits. Her own truth shines through every line she sings, and everyone can see themselves in her light.
Her first three albums capture snapshots from the decades of life, music, and stories that have led her here—to a fourth album that’s equal parts old soul and a new beginning. In Begin Again, she’s authentically and unapologetically herself, and her evolving sound proves it. She leans into change and everything that comes with it. And she keeps a thumb on her own proverbial mixing board, continuously adjusting her levels on the sounds of love, pain, and renewal.
When she’s not performing, Lyn is making her community a better place and ensuring everyone—no matter what—gets to experience the magic of music. But the stage is Lyn’s happy place, and it doesn’t matter if she’s singing for 10 people or a thousand. Whether she’s on a backyard stage for a good cause or sharing the spotlight with the Indigo Girls, you get the same Lyn every time—open-hearted, adventurous, and real. She sings her stories with a sense of wonder that leaves you inspired to take on your own new beginning.
H I G L I G H T S
H I G H L I G H T S
- Recent winner of American Songwriter Magazine’s Lyric Contest for her song, “The River.”
- Founder and Director of Harmony Music School, an organization whose mission is to provide music lessons and instruments to underserved youth. Through the Spring of 2020, 21 teachers have taught over 100 unique students.
- Opened for for Indigo Girls, March 7, 2020 in Piedmont Hall, Greensboro, NC, Amy Speace in Isis Music Hall in Asheville and The Evening Muse in Charlotte; Opened for David Jacob Strain, Emily Scott Robinson
V E N U E S
- Isis Music Hall, Asheville, NC
- Evening Muse, Charlotte, NC
- Big Purple, Greensboro, NC
- Doodad Farm Music Venue, GSO, NC
- The Laughing Goat, Colorado
- Pure Life Studios, LaGrange, GA
- Red Light Cafe, Atl, GA
- Eddie’s Attic, Atl GA
- House concerts in San Diego, Phoenix, - all over US
P R E S S F E A T U R E S & Q U O T E S
News & Record - https://bit.ly/2D69NlW
"Lyn’s music reminds me of the breezy feeling you get at an open air cafe. Leading with a pure, clean voice and harmonious guitar riffs she layers swaying melodies with comfortable lyrics you can wear” - Pure Life Studios
''Begin Again' is a stunning head-turner. This collection of songs as a work of art is remarkable (writing, singing, recording) and highly refined for an artist that you likely have never heard before." - Erik Balkey at Hudson Harding Music
Featured in BandsInTown Blog - "5 Things I've Learned About Live-streaming."